Your Independently Owned Community Bank Earning Your Trust Since 1882VeriSign Secured - Click to Verify
Stillman ATM and Debit Card Security Precautions
- Treat your card like cash. Always keep your card in a safe place.
- Keep your PIN a secret. Memorize your PIN and never write it on your card or store it with your card. Never let someone else enter your PIN for you. If you suspect someone knows your PIN, notify us for assistance immediately.
- Do not disclose information about your card over the telephone. No one needs to know your PIN, not even your bank. If you perform transactions over the telephone using your ATM or Debit Card(s), never disclose your PIN.
- Never disclose information about your card in response to an unsolicited email or request. E-mail is a common channel for fraud perpetration. Never provide your debit or credit card number, PIN or any other personal information to any entity in response to an unsolicited e-mail or request. Stillman Bank will never ask you for your PIN.
- Make sure your Internet shopping sites are secure. Look for secure transaction symbols when shopping online to ensure your account information is protected. Always logoff from any site after you make a purchase. If you can't log off, shut down your browser to prevent unauthorized access to your account information.
- Report a lost or stolen card at once to reduce the chance that it will be used improperly. Prompt notice of lost or stolen cards will also limit your potential liability for unauthorized transactions.
- Review your bank account statements promptly and report any errors including transactions you believe may be unauthorized as soon as possible. Again, a prompt notice will limit your potential liability for unauthorized transactions.
ATM Usage Security
- Always observe the ATM surroundings before conducting a transaction. If anyone or anything appears to be suspicious, leave the area at once.
- If an ATM is obstructed from view or poorly lit, go to another ATM. Report the problem to the bank that operates the ATM.
- Minimize the time spent at the ATM when conducting a transaction. Have your card out and ready to use. Do not allow a stranger to assist you in making a transaction, even if you have trouble or your card gets stuck. If you are doing multiple transactions at a walk-up ATM, do your cash withdrawals last. Always put your money away quickly and count it when you are sitting in your locked car.
- Make sure you have finalized the transaction and removed your card before leaving the ATM. Some ATMs ask if you want "another transaction". You must reply "No" to close out your card's transactions. If you do not close your card's transactions and remove your card, the next ATM user can use your card.
- Block the view of others when using the ATM. Shield the keypad as necessary when entering your PIN and the amount so that it is not seen by anyone waiting.
- If you see anyone or anything suspicious, cancel your transaction and leave the area at once. If anyone follows you, go immediately to a crowded, well-lit area and call the police.
- Look for possible fraudulent devices attached to the ATM. If the ATM appears to have any attachments or alterations to the card slot or keypad, do not use the ATM. Report the potential problem to the bank that operates the ATM.
- When in line at a drive-up ATM, keep your doors locked, windows up and engine running.
ATM and Debit Card Point-of-Sale Security Tips
- When checking out with your purchases, consider using the credit method instead of debit method. Credit method requires your signature, not your PIN. That way you don't have to enter your PIN in view of the people behind you in the checkout lane. If you choose debit method, block the view of others when using the POS terminal.
- Never allow the cashier or any other person to enter your PIN for you, even if they are assisting you with the transaction. Always keep your PIN a secret.
- Review your receipt before leaving.
- If you receive cash back from a transaction, put it away before leaving.
- Always observe your surroundings especially when using an outdoor POS terminal such as at a gas station. Leave the area immediately if anyone or anything appears to be suspicious.
- Verify your transaction either online at stillmanbank.com or when you receive your statement.