The Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service (CDARS) is an innovative service with significant advantages for depositors with more than $100,000 in cash or other assets. Depositors through Stillman Bank can enjoy the following benefits of CDARS:
- The safety of FDIC insurance for large deposits. Stillman will place your funds through CDARS, with deposits over $100,000 divided into smaller CDs at multiple institutions up to $50,000,000. This permits the full amount to be eligible for FDIC insurance.
- Management convenience. You can manage all of your CD investments through Stillman up to $50,000,000.
- CD interest rates. You agree to an interest rate with us for the CD maturity period you’ve selected. Rates will compare favorably with those of other high-quality, fixed-income investments.
- No required collateral. Because your accounts are eligible to be insured by the FDIC, you don’t need to monitor pledged collateral, as you would with uninsured deposits.
- The security of working with a single trusted, local source. When you make a deposit through Stillman CDARS, you deal only with the people you know and trust here at Stillman. You can receive a single, consolidated, monthly statement summarizing your deposits. Your private information is protected and secure. You will also receive just one consolidated account statement and year-end 1099 tax summary.
Depositing through Stillman’s CDARS program is quick and uncomplicated. You select a maturity period and we will set the interest rate for your maturity. Then we place funds in CDs through our CDARS network where your money will be eligible for full FDIC insurance coverage. At the same time, your deposits strengthen our financial position and make it possible for us to support our lending programs here in northern Illinois, which in turn helps our local economy.
If you are interested in our CDARS program, contact any one of our locations today!
Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into a CDARS Deposit Placement Agreement with us. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by us. CDARS and Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service are service marks of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.