A Look At Our History (1882 – Present)
Founder James H. King opened his privately owned bank in Stillman Valley on June 9. The original structure was a 20-foot-wide single-story frame building on the corner of what’s now Walnut and Main Street in Stillman Valley, directly across from the bank’s current Stillman Valley facility.
Charles Wilbur joined the bank on January 1 and the institution changed its name to “King and Wilbur, Bankers.”
Albert Chester Brown joined the bank and institution changed its name to “King, Wilbur, and Co.”
The original bank structure was moved to a lot on East Main Street to make way for a new brick facility.
The bank was incorporated under the State of Illinois banking laws on February 4.
Became National Bank on January 2 and acquired the name we would have for the next 57 years – The Stillman Valley National Bank. We also endured the depression without closing or loss to anyone – a notable achievement in those times.
Bank assets reached $1.5 million.
Current bank facility in Stillman Valley opened for business on June 10, across the street from the original bank structure.
Wanting to place itself even closer to its growing number of customers throughout Ogle County, the bank opened its second office in Oregon while celebrating its 100th anniversary.
Opened third office in Rochelle, acquiring the former United Bank of Rochelle.
Opened fourth office in Byron.
The bank added a trust department and changed its name to Stillman BancCorp N.A.
Opened first office in Winnebago County in Rockford. Bank assets reached $210 million.
Opened sixth office in Roscoe.
Bank assets reach over $600 million while celebrating 140th anniversary.