Green Up Your Banking | 5 Ways To Make Your Finances Eco-Friendly
Earth Day, first established on April 22, 1970, is an annual event to demonstrate support for environmental protection. The first Earth Day led to the creation of the United States Environmental Protection Agency and the passage of the Clean Air, Clean Water, and Endangered Species Acts. Colleges and universities introduced environmental education programs and states created agencies charged with protecting environmental and natural resources.
On Earth Day in 2016, the landmark Paris Agreement on climate change mitigation, adaptation, and finance was officially signed by 195 nations which had presented at the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris. Today, Earth Day continues to be the largest civic event in the world with more than a billion participants of different backgrounds, faiths, and nationalities simultaneously celebrating around the world.
While there are numerous ways one can celebrate Earth Day, today and every day, here are 5 tips you can easily apply when it comes to your finances.
1. Enroll in Online Banking: Banking anytime, anywhere is easy with our online banking platform. You can even do your banking via your cell phone, tablet, or another mobile device by using our mobile app! This not only provides you convenience in managing your account, but it also saves you trips to the bank which means reduced greenhouse gas emissions from your car and more money in your pocket.
2. Enroll in eStatements: Did you know that the paper and pulp industry ranks #3 for greenhouse gas output and #1 for water consumption? According to PayItGreen.org, if just 20% of American households switched to paperless statements, each year we would save over 1.8 million trees. Best of all, the cost is FREE to customers to receive these eStatements.
3. Utilize Bill Pay: Our online bill payment system, Stillman Bill Pay, allows you to quickly and easily set up bill payments while online. There is no longer a need to hand-write checks or return addresses, buy stamps, or remember to pay bills on a particular day of the month. You’ll never want to go back to paper checks again!
4. Take Advantage of Digital Application Platforms: Via our website, you have the ability to open a checking account, savings account, or CD online with the click of a button. You can also apply for a mortgage online as well as fill out a personal loan pre-application, saving paperwork and time.
5. Utilize Business Banking Digital Platforms: If you own a business, Stillman Business Online Banking provides you numerous ways to do your streamline your banking. This includes Remote Deposit Capture which allows you to make deposits of paper checks right from your desk, saving you numerous trips to the bank.